Thursday, April 16, 2009

Another Anniversary Post

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I know, I know, another anniversary post... just a bit of repetition, I suppose.

That said, this is an important date in our lives. Today, April 16th, 2009 is our 31st wedding anniversary. I always love having an April anniversary. The dogwoods are in bloom, the weather is getting warm and the birds are coming back, so we can wake up to their sweet chirping every morning. The day we were married it reached 80 degrees!!

In 1978 we were young and dumb at 21 and 23. We were clueless what might be ahead. We have struggled at times, endured the death of both of Ronnie's parents and my Mother, welcomed the joyous birth of our daughter in November 1981, after enduring months of the biggest challenge we ever faced in order to bring her into this world. Survived sicknesses, appendicitis, multiple broken little broken toes and a failed business. All the while amassing so many, many blessings I could never count them. Most of all a love that is even stronger today than in 1978.

I somehow managed to pass on to our daughter, Lacy, how much I loved being married in April. I plainly remember repeatedly telling her as a little girl that she could be married in April too. I never really thought she paid any attention to my overblown sentimentality. Until that Thursday in May 2006 when Bashar drove up from Raleigh to ask Ronnie's permission to marry our daughter. During dinner I asked if he had any idea what month they would choose. His answer brought tears to my eyes as he explained that Lacy-Jay insisted on April as close to our anniversary as possible.

Don't laugh too hard at the 1978 photo posted above.

So, tonight I am planning to snuggle up on the couch with Ronnie and just be thankful for 31 very, very good years, looking forward to 31 more.

So, Until Tomorrow..........
S~~~

2 comments:

  1. Happy Late anniversary wishes to both you & Lacy. I Love your posts.They are so heart-warming & positive.Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Sharon, for you your very kind words.
    I always welcome your comments!
    S~~

    ReplyDelete