Saturday, May 9, 2009

Saturday Ramblings

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I am so excited about my new car. We just bought this Nissan Altima. My Explorer was racking up the miles driving to Asheville everyday so we decided Ronnie would drive it and we will sell the Escape that he has been driving. This Nissan reminds me of a Honda Accord that I had a few years ago and loved. We should save a ton in fuel cost too.

Last night Ronnie and I ate at the new Wild Moose Grill in downtown Old Fort. The food and service were very good. Ronnie and I both had the broiled trout. The desserts were also good. Ronnie had a very nice NY style cheesecake. Of course, I had to taste. I brought home the red velvet cake which was incredible. They also had a 6 layer carrot cake that looked wonderful, as well as what they called a chocolate train wreck that appeared to be positively decadent. The building was rustic interior brick and original woodwork. Nice contrast to the white linen and black napkins.

I treated myself to a lazy Saturday morning today. Ronnie had to errands to tend to early this morning, so I took advantage of it. My ideal Saturday morning goes like this.......
Wake up about 8:00 am, grab a glass of orange juice and take it back to bed. Snuggle in with my book and orange juice until around 9:00 am, then nap until about 10:00 am. Sissy and Cagney loved it as much as I did. Then all good things must come to an end as laundry and grocery shopping needed my attention.

Early this afternoon we decided to run to Aldi in Morganton in my quest to economize. (This was after our very first stop at Jack Frost this year, ice cream makes me smile). I like their laundry detergent, fabric softener, fresh produce and most of the other items I have tried so far. Still working on breaking that brand name habit.

Supper tonight was just so so, or at least that is my opinion. Ronnie liked it fine.

Tangy Baked Chicken
Asparagus Casserole
Corn on the Cob
Honey Wheat Bread with Roasted Garlic

I tried to improvise on an asparagus casserole that my Mother used to make. I obviously didn't remember what she did. I know she used canned asparagus (which I bought at Aldi and they were good), rice, cheese and some kind of "cream of" soup. Mother's was really good, mine was bland to say the least. I need to find out if Daddy knows what I left out and then try again.

Anyway, no recipe worth posting tonight.

So, Until Tomorrow..........
S~~~

1 comment:

  1. Susan--Awesome ride. You and I must be good girls or santa is running a little late. I got a new ride too. ford ranger edge. And I Love it--Toni

    ReplyDelete