Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's a Conundrum


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

According to Webster: A conundrum is a confusing, perplexing or awkward predicament.

Well, maybe, but no less intriguing at this point. Let me start at the beginning...............

Yesterday I had a client ask if I could provide 35 bottles of Conundrum to be placed in her guests rooms when they arrive in April. I assured her that I could, set myself a reminder to take care of this in late March and didn't think a lot about it. That is until I opened up the Pioneer Woman's site and read "what would life be like without Conundrum wine?" ummmm, maybe we are on to something here. Let me back up here a bit and remind you that I am the "instant gratification girl" personified. Remember when I told you about those little signs in the grocery store that say "new item" might as well have my name on them? Yeah, well.... even though Buncombe county was under a blizzard warning yesterday I had to make a least one stop to try to locate Conundrum. No such luck. Today I check their website to see that Ingles on Merrimon carries it, so off to Merrimon Avenue after work , no luck. So, Lacy calls as I am driving home and I explain my obsession to find Conundrum and she says "Mom, don't you remember me asking you about that a few months ago, (I didn't), Kellie and Anderson (her friends from NCSU) rave about it all the time". Gee...... then later tonight Ragan calls and of course, I have to explain my new obsession to her too. When I say Conundrum, she gasp. Wouldn't you know she had it at a wine tasting last week and loved it!!! I am always to last to find out all the good stuff!!!

Let me assure that before this week is out I WILL have found Conundrum. It is now a mission. I will let you know if it is as good as my beloved Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc ($12). It is a bit pricier at around $22 but still less than my all time favorite Cakebread.

What is your Conundrum?

So, until tomorrow........,
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment