Monday, May 17, 2010

Welcome Back

My self imposed hiatus is over....................., Sunset Suppers is back.
Actually, back to the original format. I had gotten off track for a while as I pondered how to a be more interesting blog. The "interesting" fact that I learned from friends who read my blog was that they enjoyed the "whats for supper tonight" format.

So, I thought we would be off to a rollicking start with a gourmet meal par excellence......

Hot Dogs w/ Chili, Cole Slaw and Onions (Gotta Be Hebrew National)
My Version of the Famous Hot Crash Potatoes*
Could Not Be Easier Butterscotch Cake*


Hot Crash Potatoes

10 little red potatoes
3-4 cups (enough to cover potatoes) Vegetable or Chicken Stock
(water is ok, if you don't have stock, maybe throw in a bouillon cube or two and omit salt from water)
Kosher Salt
1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or more)

more Kosher Salt (potatoes love salt)
Fresh Cracked Pepper
1 Tbsp. Dried Thyme

1 Tbsp. Dried Rosemary
Paprika

Preheat oven to 425*

Don't peel the potatoes, cook in salted water until almost done.
Drain, and arrange on a foil lined baking sheet, use a potato masher to squash each potato.

Sprinkle the tops with olive oil and scatter with sea salt, pepper and herbs.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes until crisp and golden. Sprinkle with paprika.




Could Not Be Easier Butterscotch Cake

1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1 (15 3/4 ounce) can butterscotch pudding (or 4 small containers)

1/2 cup brown sugar
11 ounces butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 350.
Mix together cake mix, eggs and pudding.


Pour batter into 9x13 prepared pan and sprinkle with brown sugar and butterscotch chips.
Bake 30-40 minutes.


So, Until Tomorrow........................ (really, I mean it)
S~~~

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan---So happy to see you back this morning. Really missed you. Hope all is well with you and Ronnie, and yes--what's for supper tonight was my favorite. I have actually used a lot of your recipes, especially the ones with chicken. I thought about you Sunday when I had Rosemary Chicken. Will look in again this evening and again--welcome back----Nonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Toni!!!!
    Your comments always encourage me.
    Life is quiet on the home front, just a bit lonely as we are missing Lacy-Jay and Bashar. We were spoiled to have them with us for so long.
    Hope all is well with you and Matt.
    S~~~

    ReplyDelete