Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pedicures and Sloppy Janes

Wow, today has been a blur. I was 7:20 getting home from work, well............., there was a pedicure in there somewhere, to be perfectly honest. Anyway, no matter, late is late.

Actually, let's talk about pedicures first. For my money this is close to the ultimate. I love having my toes done. I get soooooooooooo bored having my nails done, but I want a pedicure to go on for hours. The warm lotion on your feet and legs and the warm water swirling around my feet, the hot towel, the massage chair, oh yeah. For the life of me I can't understand why nail salons don't offer a complimentary glass of wine for your pedicure. Just take that whole relaxation factor up by about 100 points. I might be there once a week. Bet I would have the prettiest toes in town, at least among us 54 year olds! Any nail salon owners out there? Johnsie, my sweet friend, I know you are there.

So........ supper tonight was one of my freezer meals. I know this recipe sounds a tad bit strange but give it a try.

Sloppy Janes

1 lb. ground chuck
1 medium onion - chopped fine
1/2 tsp.celery salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
4 Tbsp. ketchup
1 Tbsp. prepared mustard
1/2 tsp. chili powder (or to taste)
1 tsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. worchestershire sauce
1 cup evaporated milk (lowfat is fine)

Brown ground beef in water. Cook until water has evaporated and beef is well browned. Drain.
Add celery salt, pepper, ketchup, mustard, chili powder, brown sugar and worchestershire sauce.
Cook 10 minutes over medium heat. Add evaporated milk and cook an additional 2 minutes.

Serve in hamburger rolls with cole slaw or pickles with potato wedges and ranch dressing for dipping.

So, Until Tomorrow........
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment