Tuesday, January 13, 2009

American Idol Tonight ..........

OK. I admit it......., I wussed out tonight. Traffic was horrible coming home from work (I actually drove home in the snow from Asheville) and it was imperative that I not miss American Idol tonight. So, supper tonight was at Moon Doggies on the five lane.
I had the open face roast beef sandwich and Ronnie had the spaghetti with a salad, Italian dressing. Not bad at all for a quick supper on a cold, cold night.

Now, on another note.
In one of the comments Sharon mentioned remembering her Mother making salmon croquettes and that make me think of foods that reminded me of my childhood.
While we did have mostly balanced meals those are not what I remember the most.

These come to mind....

Buckwheat Pancakes
Peanut Butter and Butter Sandwiches
Pulled Butter Mints
Cornbread and Milk
Rice for breakfast
Tang
Oatmeal Cream Debbie Cakes
Popcorn and Milk
Chocks Vitamins (you can understand why - see above)

Post your comments and let me share in your memories.

On an American Idol note. The ones I loved:
Emily from LA, Ca. (Barracuda)
Deanna from Kentucky (Sitting on the Dock of the Bay)
Stevie from Phelan, Ca. (At Last)
Cody (horror boy) from Detroit, Mi.
Alex from Studio City, Ca. (Baby Come To Me)
Scott MacIntire (And So It Goes)

I absolutely DID NOT like bikini girl.

Remember I promised wanderings and ramblings.

Until Tomorrow

S~~~

1 comment:

  1. I have to confess that my favorite meals were by my Grandmother. She canned, food doesn`t get any better. My favorites, Blackberry gravy with hot hommade cathead biscuits. Friut (apple chunks)Pickled green beans. Homemade Hersheys fugde. She made a cake ya all that was amazing.The cake it`s self was just flour,milk, sugar, eggs butter, &vanilla extract. On top she would make Hersheys fudge recipe, when it got to a soft ball,(in Water) she would put the bottom of the pan in cold water & beat till glossy. She had previouly poked holes with the end of a wooden spoon throughout the cake.Pored it on the cake. It lightly hardened All the family has tried, none of us can get ours to taste like hers.Hope you can understand my ramblings lol

    ReplyDelete