Friday, January 9, 2009

Are You A Name Brand Snob?

OK, I admit it. I am a brand name snob. My Mother was and she taught me well. Also, I think my aversion to store brands comes from the term "off brands". I don't want anything "off", especially when it comes to my food. Ronnie on the other hand will gladly have me buy the store brand for the items that he eats that I don't. The one exception to that is his A-1 Steak Sauce, he will accept no imitation. Trust me when I say he loves him some A-1. A little beef and a lot of A-1.


With the economy going south I wish I could break the pattern and at least try a few different store brands. There are inconsequential items like vinegar that don't bother me at all, Laura Lynn is just fine there. I guess since I don't drink it straight up it really doesn't matter. Do you feel most name brands deliver enough quality to justify price?


Here are a few things that I refuse to compromise on:


1. Peter Pan Reduced Fat Peanut Butter ( much better than the full fat version)

2. Cape Cod Potato Chips

3. Bounty Towels

4. Heinz Ketchup

5. Campbells Soups

6. Kraft Mayonnaise

7. Scott Bathroom Tissue

8. Welch's Grape Jelly

9. Claussen's Pickles

10. Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce


11. And last be certainly not least, it has got to be Diet Coke, never ever Pepsi.


I would greatly appreciate your comments, list the items you are loyal to and the great store brands that you have found. I really want someone to persuade me to try the store brands.


In case you are wondering whats on the menu at Chez Taylor tonight.............
It was my least favorite, leftover night.

Until Tomorrow........

S~~~











3 comments:

  1. Here at the Lonon household.We like only Folgers or maybe that gormet coffee, that`s on sale.Hunts ketchup, Campbell soups, Breyers Ice Cream (James)Slim Jims (Monica). I like to stock up when I find these items on sale.Oh, one thing I will buy-not on sale is Reynolds Slow Cooker liners.You put it in your Slow cooker, sorta like you line your trash cans, put in your ingriedents. cook & NO MESS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to get some of those liners (for the two times a year I'm thinking far enough ahead to use my slow cooker). Are they with the foil?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found them where the sandwich/ziplock bags are.Ask if you can`t find them there.

    ReplyDelete