Monday, January 19, 2009

It is SNOWING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick, let's all run to the Ingles.............Have you got your milk, bread, eggs and (if you live in McDowell or surrounding counties) your Hunter's livermush? It is coming a snow!!!! Knee deep for sure.

I am so excited to see the snow. I am standing in my front door with my nose pressed against the glass just like a kid. Please, please, please let it accumulate enough to blanket this gray winter landscape.
If it does, tomorrow I will post a "front my front deck" photo.

No supper exactly tonight in the Taylor household. The guys (SideStreet) are practicing tonight and I am still playing with my new quesadilla maker. I will take them a quesadilla snack down to the studio in a few minutes. Ok, enough about the quesadilla maker. I know I am boring you to tears with my new toy. Just go buy one and you will understand. We may need to start a 12 step program, or at least exchange recipes.

I was thinking yesterday about the items that I couldn't cook without. (Can you tell I love lists?)
Not counting the staples like milk, eggs, flour, sugar, salt and pepper, etc., what are the products in your kitchen that you consistently use? You know, those things that you use to add your own special touch. Share your list, inquiring minds want to know!!.

Here are mine - in no particular order:

Lipton Cream of Chicken Cup of Soup
Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
McCormick California Style Bottled Minced Garlic (the only jarred garlic I will use)
Onions
Rosemary (fresh and dried)
Mayonnaise
Whole Grain Mustard
Prepared Horseradish
Celery Seed
Cayenne
Limes and Lemons
Chicken Stock

Since we are all going to be snowed in tomorrow. I am posting the perfect snow day recipe.


Navy Bean Soup

1- lb. Navy Beans or White Beans
Parboil beans in water approximately 10 minutes. Drain and rinse well.
3 Cups Chicken Stock
3 Tablespoons Ham or Chicken Base (Better Than Bouillon)
1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
1 Tsp. Black Pepper
1 Tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
1 Tsp. Sugar
½ Tsp. Celery Seed
1 Clove Garlic – Crushed (or 1 tsp. McCormicks California Style Garlic)


Cook beans w/ above ingredients until very done. If not using a pressure cooker, you may need to add water.
Once beans are cooked and almost falling apart add:


1-2 Cups Additional Chicken Stock
1-2 Cups Half and Half, Milk or Cream
2-3 Packets of Lipton Cream of Chicken Soup Mix (dry)

Heat through until velvety and smooth.


Until Snowy Tomorrow.............
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment