Saturday, January 17, 2009

Quesadilla Madness

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Well, today I finally got around to making quesadillas for supper. I can honestly say the $20 for the quesadilla maker was $20 well spent. If you love quesadillas run don't walk to the Target or the WalMart to add this to your kitchen collection. Perfectly crisp quesadillas without flipping. So much better than the mess I make when I use a skillet. If I had young children I would think this would be a must have. Most kids will eat good for them things they wouldn't ordinarily touch if you put it in a tortilla. Maybe I will even try it out on the guys (SideStreet) when they practice this week.

Ronnie and I made a quick stop at the Target again today and I found a treasure. Archer Farms Creme Brulee. Always one of my favorite desserts, I was thrilled to find it frozen and packaged in cute little reusable terra cotta ramekins. All you do is sprinkle the provided sugar on the top and broil 6 minutes, let rest 10minutes and wow, really good Creme Brulee.

Tonight was a fun supper.

Turkey and Cheese Quesadillas*

Queso and Chips

Sliced Avocados

Creme Brulee

Turkey and Cheese Quesadillas

4 - 10 inch flour tortillas
4 - slices of cheese (I used the Land o Lakes White Cheddar w/ Jalapenos and Cayenne Pepper)
1/4 lb. Deli Turkey, shaved (I used the maple honey D&W)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1- medium zucchini
1 - medium onion
1- 8 oz package sliced mushrooms
1/4 tsp. sugar (optional)
1/2 tsp.salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. minced garlic

Thinly slice the onion and zucchini and saute in olive oil with mushrooms, sugar (if using, it helps to caramelize the vegetables, a taste I like, but leave out if you prefer), salt, pepper and minced garlic. Cook until lightly browned over medium heat.
On a flour tortilla layer turkey, vegetables and cheese.
Cook 4 minutes in the quesadilla maker or in a skillet sprayed with Pam cook 2-3 minutes on each side.

Enjoy
Until Tomorrow.....
S~~

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of the sugar in the vegatables-(carameize) Thanks -I`m going to try it.

    ReplyDelete