Monday, January 5, 2009

Just Another Marvelous Monday

The worst part about Monday is the Sunday night dread. Truthfully, once Monday arrives it usually turns out to be a great day. Mondays always fly by.

It was actually nice to be back to work in an odd kind of way. Even though I love new things and love to change things, routine is important to me. Not to mention the fact that I truly do love my job and especially the people I work with.

Have you noticed the new addition to Sunset Suppers? Check out the checkerboard square pictures on the right side. These are our fur babies. Top right is Cagney - our almost 5 month old ball of fire baby Shih Tzu. Next to her is our lone kitty cat Gatsby - our 8 year old Turkish Van who loves nothing better than to play in the water. Bottom left is Gibson - our 3 year old Yellow Lab who is recovering nicely (see Saturday January 3 for details). Lastly, Sissy, the one who stole my heart originally, she is a beautiful 6 1/2 year old long coat chihuahua. I can't believe I was 45 years old before I owned my first dog. I guess we are making up for lost time now though. At any rate we took care of that empty nest problem quite nicely.

Supper tonight was one of my go to meals. I always wanted Mother to bake chicken when I was growing up (remember those 1960s Shake and Bake commercials?), but in our house chicken was usually saved for Sunday and always fried. Mother always cut up her own chickens. I did try that once many years ago in a moment of frugality, I realized I didn't do too well when Ronnie wasn't sure what might be light meat and what was dark meat. The wings were the only part we could positively identify.

Stuffed Chicken w/ Creamy Dijon Sauce *

Creamed Potatoes

Sugar Glazed Carrots

Butter Beans

Bogle Sauvignon Blanc

Stuffed Chicken w/ Creamy Dijon Sauce

4 - boneless skinless thin chicken breast

3/4 cup mayonnaise (I only use Kraft light)
2 tbsp. whole grain mustard
1 tbsp. prepared mustard
1 tbsp. sugar



2 cups dry bread crumbs (lately I have started using panko)
1/2 grated Parmesan cheese (the green bottle )
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. red pepper
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. course ground pepper

1 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I use the 4 cheese Italian blend when I can find it, Swiss is good also)

Rinse chicken under cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.

Combine the mayonnaise, whole grain mustard, prepared mustard and sugar. Let sit for 10 minutes. Mix well again.

Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper, salt and pepper.

Spread chicken with mayonnaise mixture. Coat with bread crumbs. Place cheese to one side of chicken breast and fold over.

Place on a prepared baking sheet. Bake 40 minutes at 350.


Creamy Dijon Sauce

1 can cream of chicken soup
2 tsp. whole grain mustard
1 tsp. prepared mustard
2/3 cup milk (whatever kind you want based on the richness desired)

Combine in a 2 quart sauce and heat through.

Let me know if you try it, as always I welcome your feedback.

Let's learn from each other!!

Until Tomorrow

S~~



1 comment:

  1. Hello Mrs. Taylor,
    It's Liz, Lacy's neighbor and just wanted to say that your newest addition, Cagney is just so cute! I've been following your blog. I keep it in my favorites with all the other blogs I follow. I love reading your posts.
    Enjoy your evening!
    -Liz

    ReplyDelete