Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday Monday

I apologize for being MIA this weekend. Somehow the time just flew by and I failed to sit down and take the time to write anything.

We finally made it to the new P.F. Chang's in Asheville on Saturday for a late lunch. The Lettuce Wraps are the very best. The Crab Rangoons were good, but none will ever measure up to the ones they served at the now defunct Tong Sing's in Black Mountain. Ronnie and I shared the Mongolian Beef since we had two appetizers and it was delicious. I can't wait to go back, I love Asian food!!

Actually, I love all food, but this weekend Asian was my favorite.

Exciting news on the Mexican food (another favorite) front. Papas and Beer is moving to the old Lone Star Steak House location on Tunnel Road. The original location is on Brevard Road in the strip mall near the K Mart. It is great Mexican. They have a salsa bar where you choose your own salsas. Can' t wait for them to open on Tunnel Road. We can make it there for lunch, it is impossible to get to Brevard Road, have lunch and make it back to North Asheville in time.

All this Asian and Mexican food put us in the mood for Italian tonight.

Supper tonight goes like this:

Lasagne
Tossed Salad with Goat Cheese
Diner Style Garlic Bread*

Diner Style Garlic Bread
1 loaf unsliced French Bread
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. dried parsley

Slice bread through the middle. Mix mayonnaise, garlic, Parmesan cheese and sugar. Spread over bread halves. Broil until golden and bubbly on top. Sprinkle with parsley.

I thought about posting my lasagne recipe but then I realized everyone already has a favorite of their own. Hope you enjoy this slightly different garlic bread instead.

So Until Tomorrow...........
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment