Friday, January 30, 2009

TGIF

This week has been 3 weeks long. January does this to me every year.

That said, I have had an interesting week. On Wednesday night our office was invited for dinner to a new Asheville restaurant called Scratch. Unbelievable !! The owner's (former 28806 partner, Eric Backer) concept and creativity was amazing, from the wonderful food and great service to the eclectic menu and 1917 building. The bartender even makes his own tonic water. If you find yourself hungry in downtown Asheville (Broadway) lunch or supper, give it a try. You will not be disappointed.

NEW PRODUCT ALERT......................
Ragan put me on to the new Scoops, with a hint of jalapeno. WOW, they are great. We had them tonight with supper.

Now onto supper this cold Friday night...............
I love to eat out on the weekends, end of discussion, but tonight that wasn't to be.
Remind me NEVER to bet with my own personal "Guitarman" (remember the Bread song from the early 70s') husband on music...........
In a moment of delusion I was sure that it was Gary and the Pacemakers, not Gerry (come on it's Jerry with a G, what do you expect?) and the Pacemakers that did "Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying" . I bet a restaurant meal of my choice against a home cooked meal of Ronnie's choice. I lost, I cooked, his choice.

Taco Salad
Chips and Queso
Toasted Angel Food Cake w/Cinnamon Sugar and Whipped Cream

I had never thought to toast angel food cake, even though I love it and common sense says it has to be better toasted with sugar on top.
Last summer Ragan and Eric took our uncle (Eudy) over to Bryson City to visit his son (Brently), grandson (Bryson) and daughter in law (Crystal) who were vacationing in Bryson City.
A friend of Brently's served it to Ragan and she shared how good it was. I hope you like it as well as we do. BTW, angel food cake is on sale at the Ingles for $1.99 this week.

1 - store bought Angel Food Cake
1/2 stick unsalted butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg

Slice as many slices of eat as you want to serve. The proportions of butter and spices will cover
about 6 pieces.
Melt butter and brush over cake slices. Combine the sugar, cinnamom and nutmeg. Sprinkle over cake slices. Broil until golden brown and toasty. Watch carefully as it will burn quickly.

Enjoy.
Until Tomorrow.............
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment