Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Best Laid Plans

Tonight didn't exactly go exactly as planned. I got home around 8:30 p.m. this evening and it was just too late to start cooking. So, supper was one of my favorite "comfort meals", grilled cheese and tomato soup.
Have you ever made grilled cheese with mayonnaise instead of butter? It is really good. Just spread the bread (white, of course) with mayonnaise add American cheese and grill as usual.
Dip your sandwich in your soup and make believe you are ten again!!

So, tonight's menu is pushed to tomorrow night.

I am feeling guilty about not posting recipes lately. I have been slack in the cooking department since last week, so, I decided to post a recipe that my good friend and co-worker, Cyndi shared with me last summer.
It has a very unusual combination of ingredients but is truly the best hamburgers I have ever made. Let's grill out and pretend it is July.

Morning Glory Burgers

1 1/2 lbs. ground chuck
10 crushed Ritz crackers
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup catsup
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce

1 teaspoon pepper

Combine all ingredients and mix lightly.
Grill, broil or pan fry until cooked through.
Serve on toasted rolls with you choice of toppings.

So, until tomorrow...............
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment