Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Sunday

Superbowl Sunday.................
Well, at least no one can say it was a boring game.
We went to Granite Falls this afternoon for a Superbowl party at Dean and Susan's. It was a great party with LOTS of good food and a chance to spend a beautiful day with friends.

Since we were leaving in the early afternoon for Caldwell County I decided to fix brunch late this morning. We had eggs benedict and grapefruit halves. Breakfast isn't my favorite meal and I don't want it often, but this was the perfect meal for today.
I know everyone already knows how to make eggs benedict but I thought I would share a slightly different version.

Southern Style Eggs Benedict

2 biscuits (your choice, I use the Pillsbury frozen ones)
4 slices bacon (I bake my bacon instead of frying, you can also use turkey bacon)
4 - eggs
4 cups of water
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. white vinegar
1 - packet Knorr Hollandaise Sauce mix
Paprika

Bake biscuits according to directions. Cook bacon. Prepare Hollandaise sauce as directed on package.
Poach eggs by dropping eggs into simmering water that you have added the salt and vinegar. Cook eggs 3-4 minutes covered, depending on the level of doneness you prefer.

Slice biscuits and arrange halves on plate. Break bacon in half and divide between the biscuits. Remove poached eggs from water with a slotted spoon and place over bacon. Spoon Hollandaise sauce over eggs and sprinkle with paprika.

Enjoy.

So, Until Tomorrow...................
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment