Saturday, March 14, 2009

Gray and rainy Saturday here. Perfect reading weather, a good mystery, a Diet Coke and a Reese Cup.......true delight, but this is the real world and laundry tends to get in the way. So, just a bit of stolen reading time.

I haven't cooked a lot this week. We had Ronnie's favorite taco salad one night and last night we went out to My Father's Pizza in Black Mountain. I was craving pizza and I didn't have everything on hand to make one. Ronnie had their steak sub, which is fantastic and I had a small My Father's supreme. I love dipping the pizza in their homemade blue cheese dressing. The bonus was there was plenty of pizza left for Ronnie's lunch today.

There are a million blue cheese dressing recipes out there and I love them all, but I grew up eating my Mother's which is a bit different than most. Give it a try and please, please let me know what you think. It is great as a dressing or a dip and even good on baked potatoes.

Betty's Blue Cheese Dressing

6-8 oz. crumbled blue (bleu) cheese
1 cup good quality mayonnaise (Mother used Duke's, I use Kraft)
1 cup sour cream
3 tbsp. ketchup
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper

Mix well by hand (a mixer or food processor breaks up the cheese too much) and chill over night.

So, until tomorrow............
S~~~

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, I do love blue cheese. I`ve missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to be better about posting this week. I'm not sure where last week went.............
    Thanks so much for following!!!
    S~~~

    ReplyDelete