Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Evening Blues

Do you get the Sunday evening blues? I sure do. It sets in every Sunday night about 6:00. Just knowing that my weekend is gone brings it on every time. I remember taking my Mother to the hospital to visit someone many years ago and she ran into an old friend volunteering at the front desk. They chatted for awhile and Mother asked if she was enjoying her retirement.
I have always remembered what she said, "the best thing about retirement is not dreading Monday morning on Sunday night".
I know, I know, I shouldn't be complaining, at least I have a job, and a job I love.


Just a quiet Sunday here today. I have been fighting this infection for the last 10 days or so and it has just zapped my energy. So, today I just laid low and did some laundry, some reading and some resting.

Supper was simple and perfect for an early spring Sunday.

Lemon and Herb Salmon*
Baked Potatoes
Roasted Asparagus
Corn on the Cob

Lemon Herb Salmon

1 salmon fillet
Juice of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. dried parsley
1 Tbsp dried rosemary
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Combine all ingredients except salmon. Let stand for 10 minutes. Spread over salmon fillet.
Bake at 375* for about 20 minutes.

So, until tomorrow..........
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment