Monday, April 13, 2009

April Is Grilled Cheese Month

I always knew that April was special and today I discovered that it holds the honor of being National Grilled Cheese Month. Ask one hundred people to list their top ten comfort foods and my guess is 95% will include grilled cheese. My favorite is still the old standby of American cheese on white bread and grilled in butter or spread with mayo and grilled to a golden brown. Lets not forget the Campbell's Cream of Tomato Soup made with milk to dip your sandwich in. Life doesn't get much better....................

It wasn't grilled cheese on the menu for us tonight but it was a sandwich. Recently I had lunch at a new bagel place down on Merrimon. Now, to be perfectly honest with you this Southern girl is not much of a bagel fan. Give me a biscuit any day. That said, Buddha Bagel's has something called a Byalis (sp?). It is a much thinner bagel with poppy seeds, garlic, sea salt and onions on top. So, at lunch I stopped by and picked up a couple of Byalis for tonight's supper.
After Ronnie's help with slicing these much thinner bagels I baked some bacon and sliced up a ripe avocado, added a slice of baby Swiss and some onions. It was a really good warm weather supper, even though the weather turned off cold and rainy here tonight.

So, Until Tomorrow...............
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment