Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

What a beautiful Easter Sunday !!
It was a quiet one here at the Taylor house. I could easily get used to a four day work week. The extra day makes all the difference in the world. Go ahead smack my hand, I know I am fortunate to have a job and shouldn't complain. Truthfully, I know how very blessed I am on this Easter 2009.

Starting tomorrow Monday April 13th we Southerners are free once again to wear white!! You know how it goes, no white after labor day or before Easter. This must mean that warm weather is almost here.

Most everyone I know always looked forward to the ritual of dying Easter eggs with their children. Growing up Mother dyed the eggs and fixed my Easter basket and it was always beautiful. Mother was very talented and creative when it came to crafty things. Something she certainly never passed along to me, by the way. (I am much more likely to be piled up with a book than crafting anything). Anyway, Lacy -Jay and I had some of our worse blowups over Easter eggs. With my lack of skills and her desire for a designer Easter basket it just never turned out like Miss Priss thought it should. Eventually Mother took over Lacy's Easter baskets and all was well. Somehow I think I missed out on something there.

Supper tonight was slightly traditional. This key lime pie is the ultimate summer dessert. Tonight I used a graham cracker crust but in the past I have crushed ginger snaps added a couple tablespoons of sugar and some melted butter for the crust and that just about takes it over the top.

Sugar Glazed Ham (for me)
Beef Tenderloin (for Ronnie)
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Julia's Squash Casserole (posted January 2nd)
Deviled Eggs
Creamy Dreamy Key Lime Pie*

Creamy Dreamy Key Lime Pie
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup Nellie & Joe's Famous Key West Lime Juice

1 tsp. vanilla
1 9-inch graham cracker crust


Beat softened cream cheese until creamy.
Add sweetened condensed milk and beat to incorporate.
Add egg yolks and beat well.
Add lime juice and beat till combined.
Pour mixture into pie crust and spread with spatula until evenly distributed.
Place on cookie sheet and then into the oven and bake at 350 for 10 min. or
until the filling begins to set.
Remove from oven and allow to cool on rack at room temp.
Then place in the refrigerator for at least an hour.

Serve with whipped cream.


Post and share your Easter menu. I would love to know what was on your table!!

So, Until Tomorrow (and I promise to try to do better this week)........
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment