Sunday, April 5, 2009

New Product Alert

Have you tried the new Vermont White Cheddar Wheat Thins? They are yum, especially with Cabots Super Sharp Vermont White Cheddar Cheese.

My other new find this week is Chuck Eye Steaks. Maybe everyone but me knew about these gems, but I just recently discovered them. After reading two different articles I knew I had to give them a try. Today at the Ingles, I bought a package of three very nice Chuck Eye Steaks for $5.77. I have to admit that I am a huge beef tenderloin fan. If I had bought the same size package of beef tenderloin, it would have been at least $35.
I brought them home and put them in a quick marinade for a couple of hours and grilled them to a perfect medium. We loved them. Now, I am not saying they were as good as a beef tenderloin steak, but they were very, very good. Most definitely worth the money.

My Favorite Beef Marinade

1 cup grapefruit juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup honey (or molasses)
1 small onion - chopped fine
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper

Mix well with a whisk and marinade beef at least one hour or up to 24 hours.

So, Until Tomorrow..........
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment