Thursday, April 2, 2009

WOW - Macaroni and Cheese of the Month Club

We know about the Wine of the Month Club, the Book of the Month Club, The Fruit of the Month Club, even the Hot Dog of the Month Club, but now I discover the Macaroni and Cheese of the Month Club. Comfort food at it's finest delivered straight to your front door. This isn't your Mamma's Macaroni and Cheese either. Call this Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese. If you are interested in taking out a second mortgage on your home to indulge in this sinful side dish visit www.good-taste.com

I have been fixing such simple meals at our house that I haven't really posted my menus lately.
Tonight is more of the same:

BBQ Chicken
Potato Salad (warm, the only way I like it)
Green Beans
Cottage Cheese

Since I know you don't need another recipe for BBQ chicken I am posting a recipe that I have in my file to try soon. Maybe you will try it first and post a review here.

Shrimp Butter

1/2 cup butter
8 ounces cream cheese
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 cans shrimp
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons onion - chopped fine
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup fresh parsley - chopped
2 teaspoons hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Blend butter, cream cheese and mayonnaise together until fluffy.
Add shrimp, lemon juice, onion, garlic powder, parsley, hot sauce, cayenne pepper (if desired) and Worcestershire sauce; mix well.

Refrigerate until firm.

Serve with Chicken in a Biscuit Crackers.

Now, aside from food and cooking.........
As part of my job I have the privilege of spending a good bit of time on the Biltmore Estate, ( I know, go ahead and feel sorry for me.) April brings Festival of Flowers with over 60,000 tulips in bloom and a multitude of other gorgeous blooms. In addition to all the color at Biltmore they just opened 4 newly restored rooms. These 4 rooms alone are worth the price of admission. If you find yourself in Asheville make it a point to at least drive into the entrance of the Estate and enjoy the beauty of the season.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


So, Until Tomorrow...........
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment