Tuesday, May 19, 2009

New Recipes and American Idol

My post is a bit short tonight. This is the final week of American Idol. Kris is my slight favorite but I really like both finalists. Ronnie leans toward Adam. Anyone else have a favorite?

I have been so slack lately when it comes to trying new recipes. So tonight I tried two.
One I liked better than the other, but I will post both and you can let me know what you think.



Paula Deen's Corn Salad Recipe

1 - 16 oz. bag frozen whole kernel sweet corn

2 cups grated sharp cheddar
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup green pepper - chopped
1/2 cup onion - chopped
1 - 10 1/2 ounce bag coarsely crushed Fritos Chili Cheese Corn Chips


Mix first 5 ingredients and chill. Stir in corn chips just before serving.

Chicken Pesto

1 - packet pesto sauce mix (I used Knorr)
8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (thin sliced)
1 cup bread crumbs
6 slices provolone cheese
1 4 oz. can sliced mushrooms

Preheat oven to 375
Prepare pesto sauce according to package direction.

Spray rectangular dish (9 x 12 inch) with Pam


Moisten chicken with water, shake off excess, and coat with bread crumbs.
Place chicken in baking dish.
Spread pesto sauce evenly over chicken breasts.
Cover chicken with provolone cheese.
Spread mushrooms over cheese.

Bake in oven for 45- 50 minutes.


So, Until Tomorrow............
S~~~

3 comments:

  1. Well it must be said and this is my own personal opinion, I think Adam can make it on his own. I hope Chris wins tonight. Danny was my pick. He had a good voice, great song choices and the foundation he started in memory of his wife was precious. He really wants to help others in so many ways.
    Susan---THIS IS A BIGGY. DO YOU HAVE THE RECIPE FOR CHOCOLATE GRAVY OVER HOME MADE BISCUITS? OK, EVERYBODY,, DON'T PANIC. IT IS NOT MADE WITH MEAT GREASE

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHOCOLATE GRAVY----

    1 stick of butter
    3/4 cups sugar
    1/4 cup self rising flour
    3 tbsp cocoa
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    milk of your choice

    In a cast iron frying pan, melt butter,add sugar, cocoa, vanilla, DO NOT STOP STIRRING WITH A FORK. This is just like making any other gravy. After all this is mixed really good and you have a chcoclate milk look keep at a low simmer and mix in the flour. keep stirring, mash any lumps of cocoa with
    fork. Now slowly add milk and KEEP STIRRIng.
    This is the big thng--Add as much milk according to the thickness you like you gravy.
    Usually takes about 3/4 cup. Pour this over homemade biscuits and your husband will smile til his teeth hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate Gravy over homemade biscuits, ummmmmmm. I think I have to give that a try. Chocolate and biscuits, yeah, love that idea.
    Thanks!
    S~~

    ReplyDelete