Sunday, June 7, 2009

Grilling Tonight

I am basking in this beautiful spring day. The weather is perfect. It is finally warm.
We are grilling on the deck tonight. No particular plan, we just don't want to waste a single night where we can enjoy this weather.

I always go to BiLo or Sam's for salmon. I picked some nice fillets yesterday at BiLo and will probably use my go to salmon recipe. Add some grilled corn on the cob and roasted potatoes with onions, simple salad and we have supper. Easy peasy. For dessert I will slice a cantaloupe I got yesterday. I hope it is a good one!!


Favorite Grilled Salmon

2 boneless salmon fillets
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard

2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
pepper to taste


Combine brown sugar, Dijon mustard, soy sauce. Old Bay and pepper.
Spread over the top of the salmon fillets.
Grill approximately 10 - 15 minutes.
Note:
I have a Holland Grill so it usually takes the full 15 minutes. If you are using direct heat most likely 10 minutes will be plenty.

So, until tomorrow.........
S~~~

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure yours is good but I don't believe there is a better salmon marinade than this (from a Weber grilling book Susan gave us last year):

    1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
    1/4 cup light soy sauce
    1/4 cup dijon mustard
    3 tablespoons horseradish
    2 tablespoons brown sugar (I use the Splenda blend)
    1 teaspoon rice vinegar
    Mix it all until smooth.
    Pour all but about 1/3 cup into a resealable bag with salmon filets (the recipe calls for six but I don't usually make that many) and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.
    Discard marinade the fish has been soaking in and grill filets, skin side down, for 10 to 12 minutes over indirect high heat.
    During the last two minutes of grilling, brush the leftover marinade onto the filets. (I like the marinade so much I usually wait until they're done and pour it over.)
    This works well with salmon steaks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for posting this, Sweetie.
    I almost called you and asked you for your recipe the other day. Ronnie and I both loved this at your house.
    Wonder how this would be with chicken?

    S~~~

    ReplyDelete