Monday, June 1, 2009

Blueberries and Summer

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I know it really isn't summer yet....., that's OK, it's close enough.
This weekend was so beautiful, but it sure did go by like a whirlwind.

Yesterday I made Blueberry Lemon Tea* for Ronnie ( I don't eat blueberries, it is that seed thing again). We put BBQ chicken on the grill, fresh creamed corn and had a salad from the garden. For dessert I made a Chocolate Covered Cherry Cake.


Tonight we grilled pizza. Honestly, if you aren't making your own pizza sauce you are missing out. It makes all the difference in the world. Try the one posted here and I promise you won't ever buy sauce again.


Blueberry Lemon Tea

1 (16 ounce) package blueberries
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
8 cups water
3 family-size tea bags
3/4 cup sugar

Bring blueberries and lemon juice to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
Remove from heat, and pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a pitcher, using the back of a spoon to press out juice. Discard solids. Wipe saucepan clean.
Bring 8 cups water to boil in same saucepan;add 3 family size teabags, and let stand 8 minutes. Remove and discard teabags.
Pour into pitcher with blueberry juice mixture and stir in sugar. Cover and chill 1 hour.

Serve over ice.

Sorry to be so short tonight but I am having some minor computer problems.

So, until tomorrow...........
S~~~

2 comments:

  1. Susan, I tried the blueberry/lemon tea. I loved it. I like all kinds of tea. Much better than soft drinks. Do you have an Aldi
    grocery store near you. I don't buy a lot there, but they are a lot cheaper on their fresh and frozen fruit. Hello to SIDESTREET>
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. You read my mind. Aldi is my subject on my next post. I love Aldi!!
    I am so pleased you liked the tea. I think I will fix it for Father's Day. Ronnie and Daddy
    both love blueberries.
    Maybe we can find some blueberries at Aldi, although they are $1.98 at the Ingles this week.
    S~~~

    ReplyDelete