Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Catching Up, Again

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Wow. It has been a while, huh?

Ronnie and I have been off from work and just enjoying every single day.

I want to be June Cleaver, sans Beaver. I wouldn’t know how to raise boys.
I really think I could be a housewife. That would be a dream. I love cooking and taking care of our house. I have actually had time to read a complete book and half of another one. I love it!!

Time to enjoy the dogs and watch the hummingbirds. Feeling sane instead of rushing all the time. You know the drill, rush home from work, rush to cook supper, rush to throw in a load of clothes, rush to get a bath and maybe, just maybe….. on a good night you have an hour to do what you want to before time to get into bed so you can get up and do it all over again tomorrow.

Lacy-Jay and Bashar (photo above) were home for a few days and we enjoyed having them here so much!! We have been so excited the past few weeks as it appeared that they were re-locating back to the Raleigh area. They were house hunting and getting ready to put their townhouse on the market when they returned to PA. Well, we all know about best laid plans. Two days before they were to arrive here Bashar got the call that they were sending them to D.C. Lacy was (is) devastated. So, are we. Hopefully, it will just be one year and then Raleigh. We are keeping our fingers crossed.

Nonetheless, we had a great visit. I fixed her favorite supper when they arrived on Wednesday (last week), chicken stew(posted). On Thursday we went to Asheville to do some shopping and have supper at PF Changs. This was the day that Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson died. We were just walking in PF Changs when we saw the news about MJ on the television over the bar. Lacy said she will always remember where she was when she heard the news. Much the same way that our generation will always remember where we were when we got the news that Elvis had passed. On Friday we had an early supper at one of Lacy’s (and ours) favorite places, My Father’s in Black Mountain. After supper we came home and made homemade ice cream (more on this later) and invited Daddy and Florence over to visit with Lacy-Jay and Bashar.
Saturday we went we see Ronnie (SideStreet) play in Hickory.

Not that I think you are interested in what we did, just explaining my lack of posts. Why tell a short story when you can give detail? I used to work with someone who said her husband went around the block to get across the street, I guess I have that same problem.

Now, back to the ice cream. I made a new ice cream recipe that I really loved. The name is a bit strange but the ice cream is fantastic. I actually made two sixes and added a tablespoon of my homemade vanilla as my ice cream maker is a small tabletop Cuisinart.

I hope you enjoy this for the fourth!!

Three Sixes Ice Cream

3 cups sugar
3 cups heavy cream
3 cups whole milk
3 bananas - mashed
3 oranges - juiced
3 lemons - juiced
vanilla to taste

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, heavy cream, and whole milk. Stir in the bananas, orange juice, lemon juice and vanilla.
Pour into ice cream maker and freeze by manufacturer’s directions.

So, until tomorrow……….
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment