Monday, September 21, 2009

Ode To Summer

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Well, today is the last day of summer. The last day of my favorite season. Soon our precious little hummingbirds will make their way south to winter in the warmer climate. We can see changes in their habits already, they are much more active right now and seem to be eating more to get ready for the long journey. In a few days we will wave goodbye to the tiny little birds that keep us entertained from the kitchen window spring and summer. The feeders will come down to be stored until late March when we will once again be on hummingbird alert.
The photo is one of the little fat fellows, told you they were pigging out. Sadly, I couldn't find a good photo of one of the gorgeous ruby red throats to share
Tomorrow brings fall and with fall comes my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving. Fall also brings Lacy-Jay's birthday which sometimes coincides with Thanksgiving. October will be here soon and I will drag out my fall decorations and start making my lists for Thanksgiving. Fall will be good, especially this year.
So, until tomorrow............
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment