Sunday, September 20, 2009

New Product Alert

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Yesterday as we were heading to Asheville I took an excited phone call from Lacy-Jay that went something like this:
" Oh my gosh, Mamma, you have got to try the new Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses!!"
To which I replied, where did you get them? Target was the answer, so, of course, Target became our new destination. Not only do they have Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses, but also Candy Corn Hershey Kisses. Don't you know I had to buy one of each, they were on sale. I love both varieties, but I might give a slight edge to the candy corn flavor. That said, pumpkin pie in a tiny Hershey kiss is incredible too. Give them a try and let us know what you think.
I am thinking that a homemade soft gingerbread cookie with the pumpkin spice flavor pressed into the top and returned to the oven for a couple of minutes just might be over the moon. I'll let you know!

Supper tonight is a recipe that I won a contest with back in 1985. I submitted it to the now defunct Home Cooking magazine that had readers vote on published recipes. I won $50 and had the recipe published in a blue ribbon winners edition.
I haven't made this main dish casserole in several years but today's rainy weather had me looking for comfort foods. Not only is it a work in simplicity and big on taste but it is economical to boot. I think I might add it back to my rotation. It may also be done in the slow cooker.

Potato and Beef Casserole*
Oven Fried Okra
Cottage Cheese
Florida Seasoned Garlic Pull a Part Bread
Decadent Heath Bar Cake

Potato and Beef Casserole

6 medium potatoes
2 large onions
1 lb. ground chuck
2 cans Golden Mushroom Soup
2 soup cans milk
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Brown and drain ground chuck. Set aside. Thinly slice potatoes and onions and layer in a sprayed 9x13 inch pan, salt and pepper, making two layers.
Spread browned and drained ground chuck over top of vegetables.
Whisk together soup, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and milk. Pour soup mixture over ground chuck.
Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350* 2 hours.

So, until tomorrow...........
S~~~

2 comments:

  1. Hello Susan,I fixed the Citrusy Chicken this weekend and it was really good. Matthew liked it too, and he isn't big on chicken.
    And the kisses are cute. We don't have a target, but I will check at Wally World. Have a good week---Nonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni:
    Thanks so much for the feedback on the chicken. I am thrilled you enjoyed it. I understand that the Wal Mart does have the kisses but they are selling quick from all reports!!
    S~~

    ReplyDelete