Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Simple September Sunday

Today was just simple. I love that word. I love simplicity. I love clean straight lines. My house reflects the same. Lots of khaki, white and navy.
I haven't always wanted simplicity, after all, I was a child of the 70's with all the psychedelic hues and bright colors. I lived through the 80's with the mauve and florals that gag me now. Worked so hard through the 90's that I'm not sure what fad happened then. Now in 2009, I just need clean, neat and orderly.
So supper tonight was a work in simplicity.
Crispy Parmesan Bites w/ Veggie Dip
Shrimp Scampi*
Baked Potatoes
Crusty Bread
Shrimp Scampi
1 lb medium shrimp - raw and deveined (either shelled or not your choice)
1 stick butter
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
1 Tbsp. pepper
1 tsp. celery salt
1 tsp. Old Bay
1/4 cup chopped parsley ( may sub 1/8 cup dried parsley)
Melt butter and add wine, garlic, seasoning and herbs. Stir in shrimp coating well with the butter mixture. Bake at 400 approximately 12-15 minutes if frozen, 10 if fresh or thawed. Stir after the first 5 minutes. Be careful not to over cook. They are done as soon as they are pink.
So, until tomorrow..........
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment