Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fall Cooking

I have been in a mood to bake lately. Fall always does that to me. I love trying new recipes for the upcoming holidays and parties.
When I came across this recipe online recently I decided it was the perfect muffin for these cool fall days we have been having. Not to mention that it has almost 5000 (yes, five thousand) five star reviews.
It always seems like I buy more bananas than we use anyway, so this would help keep me from my wasteful ways. I hope to make them this week, if you beat me to it, let us know!!! (I love comments, I love comments, I love comments!!!!!!)


Banana Crumb Muffins

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 bananas - mashed
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg - lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter - melted
1/3 cup packed brown sugar

1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp. butter

Preheat oven to 375* . Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin cup liners. ( I always use muffin cup liners)

In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg, melted butter, vanilla and 1/2 tsp. nutmeg. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.

In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.

Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until they test done.


What are you planning to bake for the holidays? I would love it if you could share some of your tried and true as well as any new recipes you might be test driving.

I know I have been lax about posting our supper menu. Mostly because I have been in a rut of making meals that are already posted.
Last night I wanted chicken tenders, only I needed a recipe I could bake. We like the grilled chicken tenderloins at Cracker Barrel so I had that in mind as I put this recipe together. They turned out nice. Something I will make again for sure.

Baked Chicken Tenderloins

8 - 10 chicken tenderloin strips
4 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup honey
1 clove minced garlic
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes

Pour the olive oil in the bottom of a square Pyrex dish. Place the chicken in the dish. In a small mixing bowl or measuring cup combine the lime juice, orange juice, honey, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Set sit for 10 minutes. Pour over chicken.
Bake at 400 for 25 minutes or until the juices run clear.

So, until tomorrow............
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment