Thursday, October 22, 2009

It's Tea Time

It's tea time for me. Late October is the time I always make a batch of instant Russian Tea. I generally make enough to do until after New Year's and then make more to get me through the dreary cold days of January and February.
While I love the slow simmered kind that my Mother used to make on the range top, this fits my lifestyle much better.
So, grab a cup of hot tea and a book, curl up with that worn blanket and the doggies and think of me!!

Instant Russian Tea

1 7-oz jar of Tang
1 cup instant tea
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. ground clove
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 pkg. unsweetened lemonade flavor Kool-Aid
dash of salt

Blend ingredients together. Use 2 teaspoons per cup boiling water.
Garnish with sliced lemons or oranges.

**IMPORTANT NOTE: This is the ONLY time you will see this southern gal using instant tea.**

So, until tomorrow............
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment