Friday, October 16, 2009

Home Again

Sorry to be gone for so long. Ronnie and I (plus two of the babies) went to visit Lacy and Bashar in PA.
We had a great time and enjoyed some wonderful food.

There is a fantastic little restaurant in downtown Phoenixville called Majolica,
www.majolicarestaurant.com . This is the second time we have eaten there and the second time I have loved their Cauliflower Bisque. I have to try to make it. It is served from a beautiful white pitcher into a bowl with finely grated cheese. The first time I had this soup the cheese was Parmesan Reggiano and this time it was Cabot's Seriously Sharp. Both were equally good, with maybe the tiniest edge to the Parmesan Reggiano .
We also enjoyed the pretzel sandwiches at Sly Fox, www.slyfoxbeer.com . I wish we could get pretzel rolls in North Carolina. It is a very different sandwich.

While we were in town this incredible new grocery super store opened, Wegmans's, www.wegmans.com . What I wouldn't give to have a grocery store like this in town, or even Asheville. I love to grocery shop in other towns. Even though this one was wall to wall people (and I am sure flu germs) I adored shopping there. They have a sit down restaurant in the grocery store. We had dinner there on Monday night. The food was actually very good. Lacy and I had the crab cakes and both thought they were very good. The strange thing was they had an absolute no tipping policy.

Other than seeing my family the highlight of the trip for me was going to Penzey's, www.penzeys.com in Philadelphia. I will share the details of my purchases in another post this weekend.

Just wanted to pop on and let you know that I am still around.

So, until tomorrow.............
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment