Friday, December 18, 2009

What a Beautiful Day

You could not imagine a more beautiful day. We have about 6 inches of pristine snow and it is still falling to beat the band. I haven't downloaded photos yet but I will get one up soon.

Thankfully, the snow started to fall this morning before I left for work. I hate the thoughts of being stuck on the other side of the mountain. So, today was hot chocolate and spiced tea at home for me. I have wished for a "real" snow ever since we moved 3 years ago. We have had piddling little snows but this is the first good snow. All my life I have lived in "the city", so seeing the snow in the woods is a treat for me. I couldn't get anything done today for staring out the front doors.

Today also marks the 33rd anniversary of our first date, December 18, 1976. It was a cold Saturday night but no snow that day. The snow did come one week later on Christmas day though, about a foot if I remember correctly. I had wanted to go out for Italian tonight but my plans changed just a bit. It is most definitely supper at home tonight. I have had spaghetti sauce simmering all afternoon so we will still have Italian.

I am not a big bread fan, but Ronnie loves the dipping oils that they serve in restaurants like Carrabba's and Bonefish. This is the recipe we have decided we like the best after experimenting with at least 10 other combinations of herbs and spices.

Herbs for Dipping Oil

1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
1 tsp. course cracked pepper
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. parsley flakes
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. granulated garlic
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. Parmesan cheese - grated

1/4 - 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

Heat the oil and pour over herb mixture in a shallow dish. Dip with hot crusty bread.


So, Until Tomorrow,
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment