Wednesday, January 13, 2010

So Good To Hear From Frances

Loyal readers will remember an earlier post where I have mentioned my good friend and former colleague, Frances. We worked together for several and I will never forget the fun and energy she brought to our office. Today I am posting an excerpt from a recent email. In part because she has shared a great recipe, but mostly because I want to you to enjoy her words as much as I did.

"I have a good one for a chocolate snack - it's kinda like a chocolate bark. One sleeve of saltine crackers - line them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (not wax paper). Just line them up together as best you can - about 6 across and 6 down works pretty well. Melt 2 sticks of butter and 1/2 c. light brown sugar - heat til melted. Drizzle the butter/sugar mixture over the saltines. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. As soon as you take out of the oven, sprinkle over the mix a small bag of chocolate semi sweet chips - the heat will start melting them - then take a spatula and just smooth over a little bit. Sprinkle a small bag of crushed pecans over the mix. Put in refrigerator just like they are until they set and get hard - they will break up and come right off the parchment paper. It's a great snack - course, with 2 sticks of butter, a pile of poop probably wouldn't be too bad. It breaks up kinda like peanut brittle - it's VERY good. I had to stop making it as I would eat the whole batch before I could give it away. That's it for now. I expect to see this recipe in your blog at some point - probably using Ritz crackers, butterscotch morsels and maybe some Rotel tomatoes on the top - just kidding- but somehow with the Susan twist to it. You really don't have to change it a bit - it's easy - make sure the cookie sheet has a lip, cause the butter can melt over into your oven if you're not careful - and of course, I wasn't. Bye now. Say hi to all for me."

I have to try this, probably this weekend, I am a sucker for that sweet and salty combination.

So, until tomorrow...............
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment