Thursday, May 27, 2010

Getting Lucky with Lucky Duck

In the spring and summer I love a cold (yes I said cold, not chilled) glass of Sauvignon Blanc on the deck, or anywhere else for that matter. I know you have heard me wax long about my all time favorite Nobilo. Quickly, let me say it is still my favorite. No one can top a New Zealand SB, in my very humble opinion, and the Nobilo is as near perfect as you will ever find in a $12 bottle.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

That being said Lacy came home with a very cute $3.97 bottle of Lucky Duck Sauvignon Blanc (Chile) from Wal Mart, yes, Wal Mart in Marion at that. I didn't have great expectations, I figured it would be drinkable perhaps but I really didn't count on liking it, really liking it. It has that minerality that I love in a Sauvignon Blanc and of course the grapefruit.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Cabernet Sauvignon (Argentina) is very good as well, if you are looking for a red. Smooth, not what you would call complex but still very good, at least $3.97 good.

They also have a Sharaz, a Malbec and a Chardonnay. I did taste the Chardonnay and liked it . Not oaky at all, which is why I stay away from Chardonnays. Today the only Chardonnays I prefer are from stainless steel barrels, but again for the price I will give this another shot. I am not a Malbec or Sharaz fan but let us know if you have tried them.

I can't seem to find much about the company, but they are the right wine for these slow economic times. I know there are people who will never buy Lucky Duck because of the price, but I just consider myself a "Lucky Duck" for buying it and enjoying it.

I am sure I have mentioned my penchant for buying pretty or unusual bottles only to find out they are really bad. Reislings are not my favorite wine, but they are usually my favorite bottles, go figure....... Anyway, this is one cute bottle I can justify and savor.


So, until tomorrow...........
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment