Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day - Let's Not Forget

I just wrote a very long blog about Memorial Day and deleted it all. It was breaking my promise to stay away from politics on my blog. Memorial Day isn't about politics anyway.

The greatest honor we can bestow on the those who gave their lives for us today is in remembering of what they did to keep us free. Lets not forget, today or any day. If we stumble, and fail to stand up for our freedoms they died in vain. All those mothers, fathers, wives, husbands and children gave up their sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, husbands and wives for nothing at all.
That can't happen.

I will not forget. I know you won't either.

Thank you not only to the fallen but those currently serving and those who stand tall and proud as veterans.

S~~~

1 comment:

  1. And -------I personally thank you for reminding folks how important this day is . I am scared of those people that think it's only a holiday for hamburgers and baked beans. And we wonder why the US is in the shape it is.
    I have a very close friend that I have been taking care of for about 35 years. She is an 86 year old retired Captain that served in Korea. She was also a surgical nurse for Billy Grahams father-in-law. Dr. Bell..
    She is one of the smartest and sweetest people I know. She is all alone now. Never married or had any children, all her family has passed, but if you ever meet her, you have surely been touched by an angel. In Honor of Captain Louise Hill....

    ReplyDelete