Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Rained Out - or should I say in.........

With yesterday being the official start to grilling season I had every intention of grilling out every night this week, but a rainy afternoon got in my way. I had bought some wild caught salmon fillets and thought I would grill them with some lemon butter and dill. When I realized I wouldn't be grilling I decided to go with a dish I used to make several years ago.

Supper tonight was:
Crunchy Baked Salmon*
Rosemary Potato Casserole
Fried Squash
Cucumber Salad


Crunchy Baked Salmon

2 - 6 oz salmon fillets
2 Tbsp. mayonnaise

1 tsp. dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. parmesan cheese
1 tsp. lemon pepper

1 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. celery salt
1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 Tbsp. melted butter

Preheat oven to 400

Cover the bottom of a baking pan with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. Place fillets in pan skin side down. Mix mayonnaise, mustard, lemon pepper, celery salt, parmesan cheese and brown sugar well.
Spread mayonnaise mixture over salmon.


Bake about 8 minutes. Combine Panko and melted butter and sprinkle over salmon. Bake an additional 8-10 minutes or until fillets flake easily with a fork.

I could have made a meal on the fried squash and cucumber salad. These are summer foods at their finest. Just another reason to love warm weather!

So, Until Tomorrow...........
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment