Sunday, June 13, 2010

I Am A Fraud

Yes, it is true. I am a fraud. All this big talk I have about being a "summertime girl"................
Well, all that went out the window this afternoon when the power went off on the hottest day of the year. What I discovered was that I love the heat on my own terms, in small doses, apparently. Now to be perfectly fair here, the temp did exceed 90 degrees. One other small fact to consider is that we live in a house with a glass front 22 feet high, west facing. What were we thinking?

I have lived in "town" all my life until we moved to what I consider "the country" in 2006. I never knew what it was like to have your power off for any extended period of time. Even during the great blizzard of '93 we never lost power. I didn't see much of my husband for about three weeks, but I did have power.

I think there is a generator in our future.

This is a good time for a cold drink. Enjoy.

Arnold Palmer

3 oz lemonade
3 oz iced tea

Pour equal amounts of lemonade and iced tea into a tall glass filled with ice. Garnish with a lemon wedge.


Fourth of July Fizz

5 oz. Sprite
3 oz. Pineapple Juice
1 tsp. Grenadine

Fill a tall glass with crushed ice. Add all the ingredients and stir. Garnish with cherry and pineapple slice and serve.

Sweet and Sour Sparkler

3 oz. Grapefruit Juice
3 oz. Cranberry Juice
3 oz. Diet 7-Up

Pour over ice in a tall glass. Garnish with a lime wedge.


So, Until Tomorrow........
S~~~

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan--Hope your problem was fixed quickly. Been there and done that. But it was in the bilzzard of 93. Snow drifts so high that the doors and windows were frozen from the oustside for 3 days. No power of course, and didn't have any other source of heat except for candles and oil lamps. Luckily, the summer before, a friend and restauraunt owner gave us 2 cases of pint size christmas candles that had never been used. We closed off 4 rooms of the house and managed to keep the house at 55 degrees for 3 days. If the power goes off here and 100 degrees. I'm out of here. I can battle cold weather anytime. Funny part of this story was we had EXPENSIVE Bob Seger tickets and one of us had to stay home and keep the candles burning. I was a big girl. I let my nephew go in my place with Matt. Great decision for me. The heater went out in their Jeep on the way to Charloote. 55 was feeling pretty good.
    Take care---Nonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to see Bob Segar and have never gotten the chance.He is one of my all time favorites. That would have been a really difficult decision to make.
    Thank goodness for those candles.
    S~~

    ReplyDelete