Monday, June 14, 2010

Grilling Again

Sunday night I wanted to grill. Originally, I was thinking about what I could make with the power off, but since it came back on about 3:00 I didn't need to worry. Warm weather is all about grilling so I never miss a chance this time of year. Grilled lemon chicken is one of my favorites and I was surprised when I checked my blog and realized I had not shared this particular recipe before.

Grilled Lemon Chicken*
Roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes
Tossed Salad with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Honey Wheat Rolls with Herb Butter


Grilled Lemon Chicken

3 boneless skinless chicken breast
1/3 cup olive oil
¼ cup fresh lemon juice (never reconstituted)
Zest of ½ lemon
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1Tbsp. fresh rosemary
1 tsp. garlic ~ minced
1 tsp. brown sugar
1 jalapeno pepper ~ chopped fine
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cut chicken in 1½ in strips.
Marinade at least 30 minutes or up to two hours.
Place chicken in an aluminum disposable pan and pour most of the marinade over chicken.
Grill until juices run clear. On my grill (indirect heat) it took about 20 minutes.


So, Until Tomorrow...........
S~~~

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan----I know you are a fruity kinda girl. Do you ever go to Costco in spartunburg? You must go. They have a fruit cooler to die for. All fresh and great wholesale prices. Or do you have one in Ashville? I know you are getting ready for the big grill. Post a picture of your food table. We would love to see it.---Later--Nonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nonnie !
    Thanks for your comments.
    Sorry for the hiatus, we were off this week and we have worked soooooo hard around the house. Salvation Army loves us.
    I wish so much that we had a Costco in A'ville but only Sams. I like Sams but have visited Costco in Philadelphia a couple of times with Lacy-Jay and LOVED it. I checked when we were in Greenville a few weeks ago to see if they had day passes but they didn't. I don't feel like I would get there enough to justify the cost. Thankfully, my company pays for my Sams membership.
    I will post about our "3rd" of July spread soon, I promise.

    Thanks Again!
    S~~~

    ReplyDelete