Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The First Day of Fall

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Today is the day........................, you know, the day that most everyone I know looks forward to, the first day of fall. Here we go, let's grab a slice of pumpkin pie and sip some Chai.

Even though summer is the ultimate for me, there are things about fall that I love:

*Lacy was born in November, a Thanksgiving baby, which just happens to be my favorite holiday. Having the people that I love here, all together, sharing a meal makes me happiest.

*The fall foliage. I love riding on the Parkway in mid October. The colors can be breath taking.

*Fall foods. Hot tea, hot cocoa, spice cakes, pumpkin anything and always turkey and dressing.

*Dark nights. I am one of the few people who loves the time change. I love the early dark nights when it is cooler outside. Perfect for snuggling.

*Elections. I am drawn like a moth to a flame to the TV on election night.

In keeping with the theme of fall I am posting one of my favorite cooler weather drinks. This is also a great mix to package in a cute little Christmas mug and give as a gift.

Instant Chai Tea Mix

1 cup Carnation nonfat dry milk powder
1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer - French vanilla flavor
1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer - regular flavor
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups instant tea - unsweetened
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. ground cardamom
1 tsp. ground clove
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1/4 tsp. regular salt
1/4 tsp. chili powder


Combine all ingredients in a large zip lock bag. Run through the blender 1 cup at a time to create a fine powder.

Add 2-3 Tbsp. to a mug of scalded milk.

**Note: I have omitted the blender step several times and I really think the difference is minimal.**

So, Until Tomorrow........
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment