Monday, November 15, 2010

While We Are Cheating..........

Since I went ahead and put it out there for all ya'll to see that I used fish sticks in a recipe, I thought I just might as well go all the way out there and give you one of my favorite "cake mix" cakes. To my Mother it was a sin right up there with having a Coke with your meal to use a cake mix, and truthfully I rarely use one, but this recipe is the exception.

Thought this might come in handy what with the holidays coming up and all...........

Southern Pecan Praline Cake

1 - pkg. Betty Crocker Butter Pecan Cake Mix
1 container ready to spread coconut pecan frosting
4 eggs
3/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 cup water
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350*. Grease and flour a 10 tube or Bundt cake pan.
Combine cake mix, frosting, eggs, oil, water and 1/2 cup pecans in mixer bowl. Beat on medium speed about 2 minutes.
Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup pecan in the cake pan. Pour batter evenly over pecans.
Bake 55 minutes or until cake tastes done.

Allow to cool in pan 10 minutes and turn out onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.

So, Until Tomorrow.........
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment