Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thursday Night Brussels Sprouts

Tonight we had one of my favorite vegetables, the much maligned Brussels Sprouts. Either you love them or you hate them, I love them, Ronnie hates them. I like them steamed, sauteed, roasted or deep fried. I have never had deep fried Brussels Sprouts but they must be good. I mean, isn't everything deep fried really good? I really shouldn't say that, it isn't culinary correct, is it?

This is the way supper shaped up tonight.



Parmesan Ranch Baked Chicken
Risotto
Honey Glazed Carrots
Sauteed Brussels Sprouts*

Sauteed Brussels Sprouts

2 slices bacon - diced
24 - fresh Brussels Sprouts
1/4 small onion - diced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. brown sugar

Fry bacon until almost done. Remove bacon from pan. Wash Brussels Sprouts and remove the stem end and the outer leaves. Halve or quarter depending on the size. Add to the pan with onion, salt, pepper, and brown sugar. Cook until golden brown. Add bacon pieces if you like.

Until tomorrow...........
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment