Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Well, I'm back.............. again.
Got my wireless connection back up and going again.
I've got some catching up to do, so here we go.

Friday 2/13
Ronnie and I celebrated an early Valentines at Bonefish Grill at River Hills in Asheville. I have always loved this restaurant but tend to forget about it. I remember my friend Frances telling me a while back that you could sub the jerk chicken that comes on the Cobb salad with Bang Bang Shrimp. We always order the Bang Bang Shrimp as our appetizer so we decided to share the salad with the shrimp instead. It was terrific. In addition to the shrimp, it had mango, avocado, pine nuts, and bleu cheese all dressed in a light citrus vinaigrette. It was more than enough for both of us. Next time (soon I hope), we will order the salad and also split an entree.

Saturday 2/14
Ronnie (www.SideStreetrocks.com) played at the Marina on Lake James (Bullfrogs Bar and Grill) for their Valentines party. It was a fun evening with lots of great people and of course wonderful (I may be a bit prejudice, but I promise it really was wonderful) music. Especially fun for me was that I had the opportunity to visit with my cousin Catherine who recently moved back to the area. SideStreet will be back at the marina on March 7th, so I will see you there! (Be sure to try the fried green beans, they rock too!!)

Sunday 2/15
We had errands to run and groceries to shop for and a bit of catching up on my reading to do.
Supper was simple, breakfast for supper. French toast and bacon. Ironically, Ronnie eats his french toast with jelly, while I, the true sweet-a-holic, like mine plain, with salt and pepper.


Monday 2/16
Whirlwind of an exhausting day.

Tuesday 2/17
Happy Birthday, Ryan (my nephew), love you!!

Today at work was a struggle to create some routine, so tonight supper was something familiar.
Everybody I know has their mother's favorite meatloaf recipe. I do too, but, truthfully I never make it twice the same way. Mother always used oatmeal as the filler while I use whatever is handy, bread crumbs, toast..... anyway. I really would love for you to share you own (or your Mother's) meatloaf recipe. There are a million different versions and it would be fun to see how you make yours. Just click on the comment icon at the bottom of this post and go from there.

So, until tomorrow......
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment