Sunday, February 8, 2009

Well............., believe it or not, I did not fall off the face of the Earth. Just a lot going on right now.

My last post was talking about what a great day Wednesday was, well, it was down hill from there.
Thursday was one of those miserable days at work where we had no heat. I really wanted to leave and come home, but a 3:00 site visit was scheduled that I didn't want to miss. By the time I got home all I wanted was a hot bath and bed. Ronnie brought in pizza for supper and I ran my bath as hot as I could stand and then ran more hot water when that cooled.
I told Ronnie Friday morning that if we had no heat when I got to work I would be home by 10:00 am. I just can't handle the cold, forgive my whining. Anyway, Friday was warmer and I thought all was well. Until 12:30 pm when the ceiling started to pour water. I don't mean a little water I mean a river of water. Before we could save anything everything was soaked, files, computers, fax machine, desks, telephones, all of it.
The sprinkler system had frozen and when it warmed up, it burst. The entire sprinkler system for the Vanderbilt wing of the hotel dumped into our office.
Fast forward to 4:00 pm, the restoration company was there and began the work of tearing out the walls, the carpets, the ceilings, entirely gutting our office. They say we might be back in the office by April. So, everything is up in the air right now, we don't know where we will work or what the next few months will bring. We have the capability to work from home so certainly that is what I want. Still, we need an office to meet with clients on property. We shall see what tomorrow brings.

This week I hope to get back to cooking and posting so come back and visit on Monday.

So, Until Tomorrow...........
S~~~

1 comment: