Thursday, March 5, 2009

Lunch at Stoney Knob - No Supper Tonight

Yeah, its true, I didn't cook tonight. Actually there was no need, so I went shopping instead.
Ronnie and the band were practicing downstairs in the studio and I knew they wouldn't take a break until somewhere around 9:00 so I had plenty of time to see what Homegoods had. Trust me they had plenty.
I found the cutest Easter centerpiece. It is a twig basket with a birds nest in the top and beautiful speckled pastel eggs situated in the nest. I also found two little bunny votive holders for each side. When I get it all together I will take a photo and post. Lastly I found a glass fruit bowl that matches my Mexican glass canisters. I just love Homegoods.

So, I made it back home in time to make sure the guys had some of the wonderful almond pound cake that I bought yesterday at Cakes by Jane ( www.cakesbyjane.com ). Bet you didn't know that yesterday was National Pound Cake Day, did ya? Their cakes are really good, but if I am being totally honest with you my friend Cyndi actually makes a much better pound cake. She makes hers with Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk. Trust me it melts in your mouth.

Snacking for supper tonight was in order for me anyway. Michael's Christmas gift to our entire staff was lunch (with dessert) at Stoney Knob Cafe in Weaverville. We choose today because it was such a beautiful day to be out and about. The food is always wonderful and today was certainly no exception. I had the gyros platter with pork medallions and their incredible tzatziki sauce. Deb had this great looking salad with talapia and mango salsa, Cyndi had the spanakopita platter, Lynn had the grouper sandwich and Michael had the meatloaf with creamed potatoes and green beans. Needless to say I wasn't hungry in the least at supper time.
Thanks, Michael for a wonderful lunch. I love saving Christmas presents for later in the year.

So, Until Tomorrow............
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment