Monday, June 22, 2009

A Beautiful Father's Day

Yesterday I celebrated Father's Day with the three Father's in my life, my Daddy, my husband Ronnie, and my uncle Eudy. I feel so fortunate that my Daddy is active and healthy at 83. He is still the smartest man on earth, doesn't every daughter feel that way about her Daddy?


It was a beautiful day here, even though it was a bit on the cloudy side we didn't have any rain. We decided with the humidity to keep supper inside and move dessert to the deck when it was much more comfortable. The heat outside isn't a big problem for me, I can do 90 quite nicely, but I know everyone doesn't feel that way.


I struggled all week with my menu and finally fell back on the old standard of a surf and turf.


Roasted Beef Tenderloin w/ Red Wine and Mushrooms
Spicy Baked Salmon
Potato Casserole
Butter Beans
Tomato, Buffalo Mozzarella and Basil Salad
Honey Wheat Bread w/ Roasted Garlic Spread
Creamy Dreamy Key Lime Pie


Everything turned out really well except the salmon, which was good but a bit on the too spicy side to serve for company. I wanted to make the tomato salad for color and to use some of my basil, so Ronnie had to slice them for me as you know my aversion to tomatoes.

The potato casserole was the copycat Cracker Barrel recipe with a few modifications.


Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole


1 bag refrigerated hashbrowns w/ onions and peppers (frozen works also)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 mayonnaise
1 egg - beaten
1/8 cup cream (or milk)
1 tsp. Mortons Season All
1 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. celery seed
2 cups shredded sharp cheese


Combine all ingredients and bake at 375 about 40 minutes or until lightly brown.

So, until tomorrow...........
S~~~

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a really sweet day with the most favorite men in your life.
    HOTTEST NEWS_____ALDI has a line of German makeup and skin care products. Everyone here ia freaking out about how good it is and also inexpensive. I think the name brand is Lunucar. Not sure if it is overstock,dicontinued or maybe freight damage. I think I will check it out for the skin care items. Just wondering if it is in your store there?
    Hello to SIDE STREET

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Toni. Ragan found the mascara in Hickory and she says it is wonderful. Aldi is on my list for today so I will be looking out for the new products!

    ReplyDelete