Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Bit Of Weather Inconvenience

As much as I love the snow, I am not a fan of inconvenience. I am a planner by profession, so naturally I do not like to have my personal plans cast in disarray. Saturday was the designated day to finish my last minute shopping, grocery shop for my homemade office gifts and buy my stocking stuffers. We all know what they say about best laid plans....................

I had to run over to Stein Mart in a rush last week. I had one of those life's most embarrassing moments. First thing in the morning we were meeting in our reception area, as I was leaning against the front of the desk, I happened to glance down at my shoes, horror of horrors, I was wearing one black shoe and one brown shoe. Granted, they are identical shoes, just different colors but still...... I was not about to go through the day like that. Immediately I grabbed my bag and headed over to Merrimon Avenue for new shoes. Since I was in a rush I just quickly gazed at these cute little Christmas crocks with an adorable Santa Claus spreader attached. I decided then and there to make boursin cheese and put it in these little crocks as gifts. At that point I wasn't sure who I wanted to give those to, but later decided I wanted to use them as part of my office gifts. I was in far too much of a rush to grab them by then and simply added them and Stein Mart to my Saturday list. Well, by now we all know what Saturday looked like.

So, by Sunday I knew I would have to improvise and use Christmas mugs for my boursin cheese spread. I made this delicious boursin cheese spread and piped it into cute little Santa mugs.
In case you still need a last minute gift idea I am sharing this most versatile cheese spread. You can serve it with crackers or bread, use it in place of butter/sour cream in baked potatoes, or my favorite in stuffed chicken.


Housemade Boursin Cheese

2 tsp. minced garlic
1 stick salted butter - room temp
16 oz. cream cheese - room temp
3 Tbsp. fresh grated Parmesan cheese

1 Tbsp. dill weed
1/2 tsp. dried marjoram
1/2 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. chives

1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. thyme leaves
2 Tbsp. chopped parsley - fresh
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes

Have cheeses and butter at room temperature.
Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Store in a container in refrigerator.
Serve at room temp.


So, until tomorrow............
S~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment